Becoming an authority in your industry is the surefire way to get more subscribers, traffic and sales.
People don’t buy from strangers. It’s especially true when it comes to online.
If you have an option of buying hosting to run your sites, would you rather buy it from an expert blogger or a newbie?
Definitely from the trusted person like an expert blogger whom you have been following for a while, right?
That’s why you need to become an expert in whatever the topics you cover on your blogs. That’s how you build credibility online. And that’s how you are going to make more money online.
Table of Page Contents
- 5 smart strategies to become an expert in your industry
- #Build and grow your personal brand
- #Use content marketing to build loyal readers
- #Give your top priority to building an email list
- #Give, give, give and give more
- #Use influencer marketing smartly
- Before getting started with influencer marketing, make sure to lay out a strategy.
- Final thoughts about becoming the authority blogger in your industry
If you are wondering how to become the authority in your niche even if you are a new blogger, this detailed post is for you where you are going to discover all the strategies and tips that I’ve been secretly studying from other experts in hundreds of niches.
Are you curious about finding them? Let’s jump into the details then.
5 smart strategies to become an expert in your industry
#Build and grow your personal brand
Have a look at the following people once.
Neil Patel from NeilPatel.com
Pat Flynn from Smart Passive Income
What have you observed?
Did you notice that all of them are using their images instead of using some random logos on their home page?
Do you know why are they doing that?
It’s all about increasing their personal brand. If the visitors who land on your blog for the first time see a huge picture of you smiling, it will instantly creates a strong rapport with them.
It will help you quickly build credibility, trust and relationship with your audience. Moreover it helps you quickly grow your online presence.
Did you ever wonder why you buy from Amazon, Apple or other famous brands?
Because they are all brands. They have build a great brand for themselves for the past few years and that’s how they are leveraging their brand image to capture their customer attention to grow their sales.
If you are thinking to become an expert in your industry, you MUST focus on improving your personal brand. And that’s the reason why I put this in the #1 list here. Now, let’s talk about the next strategy.
#Use content marketing to build loyal readers
Blogging is the surest way to get quality backlinks from other blogs.
How can I say that? Well, I know it because I’ve built thousands of quality links from top sites over the last 6 years.
Blogging gives you access to create top quality content. The ONLY way to make your site profitable is to attract a TON of backlinks.
The best way to attract natural backlinks is through content marketing.
What is content marketing anyway?
It is the ability to turn random website visitors into loyal customers with your content. Brian Clark was able to built a multi-million dollar blog “Copyblogger” only through content marketing.
We all know how profitable that site is now. It not only has hundreds of thousands of monthly readers but it also has thousands of loyal customers who are ready to buy no matter what they sell. Brian Clark made this all happen by only using the strategy called “content marketing” since 2006.
That being said, here are few strategies to become an authority blogger in your field by using content marketing.
- Don’t create ordinary content. Your content has to be epic. It should add value to others. It should inspire others to take action.
- Know your audience before you know anything. Know their wants and needs. Only then you will be able to build a blog that’s actually useful for them.
- Research all the top blogs in your niche. Analyze how they are creating content that sells. Figure out if you can take away few things from those blogs. That’s how you learn things.
- There’s no use of creating more content when no one is reading it. Find creative ways to get more exposure to your content. Spend more time in connecting with other bloggers and think about various ways to market your content.
- Always remember this quote by Brian Clark
#Give your top priority to building an email list
Authority bloggers focus on ONE thing i.e growing their email list.
Even if they have a gazillion number of subscribers, they still try hard to get more email subscribers. Do you know why? Because 90% of their income comes from their mailing lists.
That’s the power of email marketing. You will get permission-based marketing when you turn random visitors into email subscribers.
If you want to become an expert blogger in your field, give priority to building and growing your email list.
Did you know that every 1 dollar you spend on email marketing can give you an ROI of over $40? Yes, that’s true. It has the most ROI rates when compared to anything else including social media, SEO or ads.
Find out where your target audience frequently hang out online and think about various ways to get them into your list. And offer free downloads so you can attract more people to sign up to your email lists.
After all, everyone wants FREE stuff, right? Freebies always attract more people and they often convert like crazy. By offering freebies like ebooks, podcasts, videos, plugins etc you can quickly grow your list.
#Give, give, give and give more
What’s the best way to get blog comments? It is first to start leaving comments on other blogs.
How to get more social shares? Start sharing others stuff first.
How to quickly make money online? Find a mentor, invest money and time. You will learn how to sell and make money online in the process then.
If you have a mindset of only taking, you will not go so far. Whereas if you have the winner’s mindset where you learn to offer help to others first, you will be successful.
If you remember that one thing, you will find it easy to connect with others and boost your relationships by offering help before seeking any help from them.
Most beginners email a lot of bloggers seeking help. I know there’s nothing wrong in that but why would someone offer help without knowing you much?
So what’s the best way to get help from other bloggers who are really busy?
It is to offer help first. How can you do that?
Firstly, make a list of all the bloggers whom you want to connect with. Then, carefully analyze their products, services and content. Find out how can you offer help with the skills you have. You can turn their posts into videos or Infographics or you can find their broken links or you can even offer your services for free.
All these things matter a lot in the long run. I highly recommend you to read “Give and Take” book by Adam Grant. Here’s a great quote from his book that sums this up perfectly.
So find ways to offer help before seeking help from others.
In other words, give first. Give more before you seek help. Giving inspires giving. That’s how you succeed online.
#Use influencer marketing smartly
You need to build connections with the other top bloggers and marketers in your niche. Without building a strong rapport with the authorities in your industry, it is almost impossible to become an expert by yourself.
Observe any top blogger in your industry, they are all helping each other. They are all helping each other by sharing others stuff, linking out to others and helping others to grow their sales.
If you want to become the authority in your niche, you need to replicate the same. You need to find ways to connect with the influencers in your field and think about what you can do to leverage their connections.
Did you know that 92% of consumers trust recommendations from influencers and top bloggers? That’s the reason why the majority of online products are dying to get testimonials from guys like Pat Flynn. They know, when Pat recommends a product, it can boost their sales really quickly.
Before getting started with influencer marketing, make sure to lay out a strategy.
- First off, ask yourself why are you going to engage with the influencers in your industry? If you have compelling reasons for doing it, you will find it easy to engage with them.
- Secondly, collaborate with them before you even seek help from them. Figure out ways to offer them help. Think win/win. If you offer value first, it becomes easier for you to get help from them in the long run.
- Try to get testimonials or quotes from the top bloggers in your industry. Persuade them to say a few nice things about you, your products or services. You will definitely see more conversion rates just by doing this.
- Use social media to your advantage. Share the influencers content in your list on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook often. Tag them. Comment on their stuff. Retweet them. Email them frequently to let them know that you value the content that they share.
- Learn how to write emails. Don’t write lengthy emails as they often get ignored. Make your subject lines compelling. Read blogs like Copyblogger to master the art of writing.
Becoming the top blogger in any field takes time, efforts and consistency.
You can’t become a successful blogger or marketer overnight. It takes years to become an expert in any field. So make sure you have a vision before wanting to become the go-to guy in your field.
Spend time analyzing the top blogs along with their content and products. Find out how they are selling their products. Figure out how they are capturing their audience attention. Learn how they are turning their website visitors into subscribers and then into repeated customers.
Learn how to sell and connect with the influencers in your field. Before you ask anyone for help, offer help first. Always focus on win/win approach. You will succeed in the long run.
So what do you think? Do you find this post helpful? If yes, please share it with someone so they can learn something from it. Also, let me know if you have any more tips and strategies to become an authority blogger in any field. Share your thoughts in the comments below.
This guest post was written by Anil Agarwal who is the founder of Bloggerspassion